Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Monday, May 31, 2010

The Facebook Exodus

Everyone has heard of and is talking about the privacy issues at Facebook.  According to a lot of tweets on Twitter as well as blog posts throughout the blogosphere there is supposed to be a mass exodus of Facebook users today to show their displeasure over the privacy issues.  Of course the recent comments from Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook, calling trusting users of Facebook dumb f*cks hasn't really created any terms of endearment for Facebook users.  Honestly!  Talk about biting the hand that feeds you!  Mark, sorry bud, but you seriously either need to grow up or take a course in public relations and from where I'm sitting you likely need to do both.  So war is waging against Facebook.

Facebook was being used by some bloggers to drive traffic to their blogs.  It like many social networks has the potential to drive quality traffic to your blog.  I like many bloggers have a Facebook account however unlike many bloggers I have never used mine for anything other than set the privacy settings.  Back when I first set up my account I wasn't impressed with the privacy so I decided to let the account sit in limbo where it still sits.  Now I'm glad I did but for those bloggers who did use Facebook for blog promotion I suspect after today there will be a few repercussions with the main effect being loss of blog traffic.  The fall-out from a mass Facebook exodus could be significant but I suspect it will affect Mark and his merry men a lot more than it will bloggers!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.