Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Trying Too Hard

Have you ever had something you wanted so bad you would seriously do just about anything to get?  But the more you try to get that 'thing' the further it gets from you.  Well sometimes that happen with blogging.  Sometimes from what I've noticed is a blogger gets so hung up on the carrot that they forget how to get to the carrot.  A lot of bloggers will get so tied up in getting traffic to their blog they actually forget about blogging.  My rule of thumb is spending more that 15 minutes per day actively trying to generate traffic to my blogs is the maximum amount of time I'm willing to invest.  I do a fair amount of passive traffic generation via backlinks and I find that is a lot more effective that doing the click method.  I also find that continuously adding new content helps me get a lot more traffic than the click networks.  My theory when it comes to blogs is to quit trying so hard to generate traffic.  Keep the content coming and the rest will fall into place.


4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Have you checked out http://www.exposeyourblog.com yet? I joined, but I'm still trying to figure out how everything works.

Garden Gnome said...

Hi Jennifer :) No I haven't tried that site yet but thanks for the tip. I went to their site and under the FAQ they are billing the service as a traffic exchange so anyone using Adsense won't be able to use it. It is a new service with only 26 members so it remains to be seen if the service will perform as promised. If you're looking to promote you blog http://www.theblogfrog.com/ looks good and still meets the TOS for Adsense.

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the suggestion.

Garden Gnome said...

You're welcome Jennifer :)

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.