Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Monday, July 19, 2010

Don't Make Promises You Can't Keep

Back in my early blogging days and getting used to the blogsphere I did a fair amount of blog hopping.  Well I still do a fair amount of daily blog hopping but one thing I've noted is many of the bloggers that made bold face promises to their readers are no more.  The promises can through the naming of their blogs (eg. A Blog A Day or Recipe a Day) usually combined with claims that a blog post would appear daily fitting that particular theme.  On the surface and in the glow of starting a new blog it is very easy to make promises that you simply cannot keep because at some point life gets in the way.

The simple piece of advice I have learned is don't promise your readers something may not be able to deliver on.  If there is any remote chance that you many not be able to follow through on what you tell your readers you will do don't tell them!  For example I aim for new daily posts posted at 7:00 AM yet I've never told my readers that I will post daily or new posts will appear daily at 7:00 AM.  The reason is I know that life gets in the way.  I know my readers are used to seeing new posts early in the morning but they also know that occasionally a post is late or sometimes on one or more of my blogs there isn't a new post that day. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.