Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Every Day is a New Day When Blogging

The other day I was being rather nostalgic as I was going through the original graphics I had created for my cooking blog in the early days of it's being.  Oh my how the look has changed!  It went from using a plain Blogger's Rounder Theme to a modified theme using graphics I made myself.  The colour went from a deep fuchsia almost rose with pink highlight.  That was toned down to a lighter pink tone and yet I was always tweaking a bit.  I really did like the final look of my old theme before updating to to my new look.  Don't get me wrong as I love the look of my new theme but the old theme with all it's tweaks got me through the growing  period of this blog. 

In the recesses of my mind I recall all the details of how all of my blogs have evolved over their life.  All of their changes are reflected in the ever growing blog folder file.  When you change a template or add a custom graphic like a header image or sub-title image on your blog it is immediately reflected on your blog.  So someone who visited your blog when you used the old background gets a whole new experience when you change something as simple as the background.  In some respects this gives you a second chance with the reader who just did not like your blog design but liked your content.  Any reader stumbling upon your blog sees it as the way it is today not as what it was.  So essentially with blogging every day is a new day, a chance to put on a good face to greet your readers.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.