Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Focus on What You Do Have Not on What You Don't Have

I seldom blog chronologically even though it appears that way.   As an author of six public blogs with a goal of daily posts for each or at least regular content for each I do have a bit of a system going for keeping track of what blog posts I need.   It is rather hard to explain in words but if I took a snap shot of one day's entry in my blogging journal you would quickly see what I mean.  What immediately becomes apparent is that I always focus on what I have.  One day it may end up being that the majority of new posts go to one blog where other days they are spread evenly across the blogs and yet other days there isn't anything because I didn't blog at all. 

My gut feeling is to always focus on the material I have.  For example, I always post a Wordless Wednesday post on my personal blog.  Usually by the first Sunday of the month I know what pictures I'm using for those posts so that's what I do as far as blogging for that day.  I may also sit on material like jokes, cartoons or videos just waiting for the right time to use them.  So my style of blogging is a very much in the moment type of blogging.  That's why scheduling a certain day or making a blogging time schedule simply does not work for me.  That also explains why some days I don't blog.


2 comments:

Vickie Heully said...

Same for me too. You sound like you're doing better than me though. I wish I wee organized enough to have a strict blogging schedule. I usually just fly by the seat of my pants. I never know what I'm going to blog about until the inspiration takes over after a good cup of coffee.

Garden Gnome said...

Hi Vickie :) A lot of times I really think I'm flying by the seat of my pants with blogging. Inspiration is always a good motivator :)

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.