Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Monday, November 1, 2010

Blogging Buffet Style

Almost from the get go of my early blogging days I decided the only way I could effectively blog was to compartmentalize my blogs.  That ended up meaning I author 6 public blogs but each have a different topic and feel to them.  Some bloggers don't do this.  Instead they opt to blog buffet style.  In short there is a bit of this, a bit of that and no real focus on any one topic.  I would find this type of blogging style very difficult to master.  The reason being compartmentalization gives a focus to the blog and provides a niche for that particular blog.  Otherwise the blog simply becomes a catch-all for anything you want to blog about which makes it a bit more difficult to follow.   In this case a reader who is interested in gardening may end up passing the generic blog by even though it may have a few gardening posts on it.

There are very few blogs I've seen that have pulled off being a mish mash, buffet style blog.  The main reason is without a lot of very hard work, the blog eventually loses any resemblance of even the loosest structure.  Readers get frustrated because the blog is all over the place lacking any focus.  I think the best way to prevent this is to divide interests into niches then create separate blogs for that niche.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.