Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Friday, November 19, 2010

Targeted Advertising

Of the blog advertising networks, Adgitize is the only one to offer geo targeting that I know of.  There is an extra charge for this service but if you use it your ads will be targeted to blogs displaying the widget in the country of choice.  Many traffic exchanges allow you to geo target as well without paying extra.  Until now I have not had a need for geo targeting however with recent changes geo targeting for one of my blogs is definitely a valid option.  My personal feeling is that in order for geo targeting advertising to be effective a larger advertising audience is needed.  I'm currently working on a couple of geo targeting blog promotion ideas so will report back as to their effectiveness.


2 comments:

John | English Wilderness said...

Project Wonderful offers geo targeting. There are only 4 zones (U.S.A., Canada, Europe, Rest of World) but that's ideal for what I need.

Garden Gnome said...

Oh that's right too. I forgot about their geo targeting.

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.