Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Traffic Troubleshooting

My observation over the last 4 years of blogging is in general traffic across all 6 of my blogs show monthly increases.  I'm stressing monthly because I think it is normal to see daily fluctuations in traffic.  One of the consistent patterns I've noticed is Thursdays are always my slow traffic days.  At any rate if comparing monthly traffic and I notice a medium to large dip in traffic it's time to do a bit of troubleshooting.  Here's a few things I look for that may explain a dip in traffic that are easily correctable:

  • regular content - Did I post daily or at minimum weekly?  If yes, great.  If no, increase posting.
  • pinging - Did I ping daily after each posts?  If yes, great.  If no, what the heck was I thinking - get pinging!
  • comments - Were comments left on my blogs that I didn't respond to?  If no, great.  If yes, get my but in gear and respond.  Did I leave comments on other blogs?  If yes, great.  If no, get leaving comments.
  • forums - Did I participate in at least one forum daily?  If yes, great.  If no, start participating more.
  • sig file - Did I include a sig file to at least one of my blogs each time I sent an email?  If yes, great.  If no, set up an auto sig file to be modified as required.
  • advertising networks - Did I reduce advertising or change the way I do advertising?  In click based advertising networks it is common to see traffic drop of if you quit clicking.  The only three choices here are buck it up and work on other forms of generating traffic or go back to clicking or pay more for advertising


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.