Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Where Have All the Bloggers Gone?

Back when I started blogging in early 2006 I joined BlogExplosion where I met a lot of great bloggers.  One of my first blogroll requests was to join the Blog Your Blessings Sunday (BYBS) blogroll organized by Blue Panther.  I put the blogroll on my personal blog, My Journey and even created a custom made graphic to introduce each post.  I make a BYBS faithfully each Sunday but it has been ages since I've seen or read anything from the other bloggers that were also on the blogroll.  It was with a great deal of sadness that I had to make the decision to remove the BYBS blogroll from my blog.  It was hosted through rpc.blogrolling.com which is now defunct so wasn't working anyway but now I have lost touch with the other BYBS bloggers even though many of them are no longer blogging.  I've found a few via a Google search but that's it.

The sad reality is bloggers come and go as does the means to keep bloggers in touch.  For whatever reason bloggers move on.  They may find blogging wasn't really their thing or life simple puts more demands on them.  I am very fortunate to have met some wonderful bloggers so I will always have those great memories. 


6 comments:

Agentmango | PC Holics said...

That was sad. But it is true that bloggers come and go. I started blogging way back 2008. I have a lot of followers back then on a Make Money blog. But then they are all gone now. I don't know why.

John | English Wilderness said...

It's quite easy to lose touch with people online without realising it... People change URL or email address and suddenly they're impossible to find :-(

Carol Yates Wilkerson said...

I agree, it is sad all the bloggers who have come in and gone out of my life too. It is a reflection of our offline lives. We've been married for 40 years and made friends along the way everywhere we lived. It takes a lot of time and effort to keep friends, especially in the blogeverse where it's even easier to pull up stakes and move on. People who are meant to stay in your life will do so. :)

Garden Gnome said...

@Agentmango, it is sad that bloggers come and go. People move on but some we miss.

@John, you are so right! A redirect would be nice but not everyone does that.

@Carol, so true that folks come in and out of your life both on and off line. Your last sentence is so profound! Thanks :)

Ben said...

Hey GG, I wrote about this back in February 2009 and came up with a few possible reasons... http://www.toptenblogtips.com/where-are-all-the-bloggers-10-possibilities

I see things haven't changed much. People come and go. The same happens if you work for the same company for long enough. I worked for one company for over 9 years and although staff turnover was actually quite low, a lot of faces came and went in that time.

Garden Gnome said...

Hi Ben :) You brought up some great points in your article as to why bloggers stop blogging. It seems once they make the decision to give up blogging they stop all blogging activity including visiting blogs. Just because you don't blog doesn't mean you can't still enjoy blog hopping.

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.