Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Sunday, January 23, 2011

How to Add a Scrolling Text Box

From time to time it is nice to add extra content outside of the main post.  In this case a scrolling text box comes in quite handy.

Here's the code:

>textarea cols="50" rows="30">type your text here</textarea<
* change the opening > to < and the closing < to >

Here is how it looks:





2 comments:

John | Retro Programming said...

Somehow the closing textarea tag has been eaten. :-P

I usually use a div for a similar effect :-)

[div style="border: 1px solid black"]
type you text here
[/div]

Garden Gnome said...

Thanks for letting me know John. It's there now :) I'll try your way as well to see what it looks like. Thanks for the tip.

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.