Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dealing With an Online Stalker

I have had the great pleasure of dealing with an online stalker for almost two years now.  At first it was a bit of a 'flip off' thing but the reality is online stalkers can and do take things from online to real life as mine has done.  When this happens tracking the stalker's ISP is a good line of first defense as this is good evidence for the police.  It's also a good idea to get your  ISP and Blog host involved as this will help immensely.  In my particular case I decided to have no direct contact with this nutcase which means any email is bounced, any blog comments are deleted without posting, and ISP blocking is in place.  Well, the ISP blocking works nicely unil the skuzzy stalker decided to use hide my arse, an anonymous proxy.  So that has been fun.  Now the nice thing is Canada takes these issues seriously so a few well place complaints have been rather effective too.  It is just a matter of time before said stalker is looking at a few legal problems.  At this point the only thing twinkletoes can do is read my blogs if lucky enough to get through to them.  I've seriously thought of setting my blogs to private but then she wins. 

Here's the thing, I'm aready looking at moving my blogs to their own domains.  One benefit will be a domain change but if I want to keep PR I need a redirect which still is a problem.  The biggest bonus is having access to the .htaccess file and being able to tweak PHP.  I am going to so tighten up the blocks to the point my stalker aka little miss twinkletoes will have no choice but to move on to stalk someone else. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.