Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Friday, March 18, 2011

Blog Host Troubleshooting

I play three Zynga games on Facebook - FrontierVille, CityVille and FarmVille.  Last night I tried loading CityVille only to get a message "CityVille has been upgraded, please refresh browser.".  After several attempts, I went against the number one rule when there are loading problems to make sure the problem is on your end before changing anything on your end.  I cleared the cache but the problem persisted.  Then checking the other two games I found loading issues as well so I went to Zynga's forums where I found a rather lively discussion of the current problem.  This reminded me of how I deal with any Blogger issues but because it has become a habit I don't often think about it, I just do it.

Blogger as with all websites from time to time experiences minor glitches, loading problems and sometimes but very rarely unexpected outages.  For example, uploading pictures to Blogger was a problem for a couple of hours one day.  As annoying as this is because it always tends to happen when I'm in a hurry and wanting to get a post out quickly,  I have discovered that doing a bit of troubleshooting is easier than getting upset about it.  There are two major sources for information when it comes to Blogger or other blog host problems and the same applies to blog advertising networks.  The first source is their forums where known issues are posted.  Usually the forums are on a different server so even though the site may be down the forums are still accessible.  Here you can find out what the problem is, how widespread it is and get a bit of comic relief as others chat about the problem.  Quite often someone from their support team will post something to the effect that they are aware of the problem and working on fixing it, then post updates until the problem is fixed.  The second source for troubleshooting is Twitter.  As soon as a problem occurs it's on Twitter!  I'm not kidding.  This is a good thing especially in the very rare event the site's forums are down as well.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.