Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Blog Loading Speed

A couple of days ago I came across a blog post that said Google was going to start penalizing slower loading blogs.  Even if they do make it official by using loading speed as part of their algorithm, the fact is slow loading blogs are already penalized in search results.  This applies to all search engines and not only that slow loading blogs are penalized by members of any blogging network you may belong to.  Let's face it, I have crappy satellite internet service which means from time to time I get FAPed.  It is nowhere as fast a high speed broadband which means slow loading blogs can take 5 minutes or more to load.  Now you might have the best blog around but I am not going to wait that long for it to load.  The same is true of anyone clicking on your link that appears in a search engine result.  It it doesn't load up reasonably fast they go back and click on one that does load.  There, you have just lost a reader and potential subscriber. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.