Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Don't Be Tempted to Use Autogenerated Content

I've been blogging almost five years now.  Well in about 6 weeks time my oldest blog will be five years.  I thought I had seen a lot of things when it comes to blogging but yesterday while doing a bit of searching I stumbled upon an autoblogging site.  What the heck is autoblogging?  I had never heard of it before so just had to check it out.

Apparently some enterprising people have figured out that they can offer a service (onsite or program) that uses specific terms you give them for your blog to autogenerate content then post it on a regular basis to your blog.  They charge for the service but once set up the blog basically looks after itself courtesy of the autogenerate content site or program.  The blogger need do nothing more other than "watch the dollars roll in".  Sounds good, doesn't it?

Well it isn't! The problem with this type of thing is the autogenerated content is scrapped (aka copyright infringement) from honest, hard working bloggers who blog the good old fashioned way, one post at a time with original content.  The one site I checked out even went so far as to say Google hates autoblogs but their program is so good Google likes them even though by their own admission it is autogenerated content.  Sorry, but the bottom line is if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck!  The bottom line is and I can't stress this enough Google hates autoblogs and autogenerated content.  This is precisely one of the things Google is trying to penalize with their recent algorithm change.  Do not for one smidgen of a minute be tempted to fall for using one of these sites or programs.  Otherwise you may find your blog banned from Google and your Adsense account closed.  This is considered a black hat method by Google that could get you into more trouble than it's worth. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.