Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What the Heck are You Thinking?

As a blogger, I love to visit other blogs in my niche particulary cooking and gardening blogs.  There is one particular blog that for awhile I visited daily until I finally got fed up.  It has a three column layout with a white centre panel on a gawdy rusty orange background.  Ok, I can overlook the colour scheme.  What I can't overlook is the 7 minutes or more on a good day loading time.  Why is the loading time so long?  First off this blogger and I kid you not has every widget known to the blogosphere stuffed on their blog.  As if that is not bad enough the longish posts have several images including LinkWithin showing 3 graphics so the overall effect of the blog is sensory overkill.  To add good measure there is a nice, deep footer filled to the hilt with every directory possible.   And then there's the memes that go on forever.  I hadn't visited her blog in quite some time so popped over to see what she was up to.  It's the same old, same old.  Someone needs to sit this blogger down and tell her that sometimes less is more!  What the heck is she thinking?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.