Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Comment Saga Continues

The nice thing about authoring your own blog is you get to make all the decisions and if need be modify those decisions.  Four days ago I was so ticked off at comment spam that I disabled comments on all of my blogs.  What I didn't bank on was loyal followers wanting to leave comments.  So today I am enabling comments again on my blogs BUT they will remain hidden have a capatcha as a deterrent for comment spam for the time being.  I think this is the best solution for now.  It should be effective when comment spammers realize their comments will not be seen at all.  It removes the time necessary to strip the urls from borderline comment spams but I'm going to be a lot more aggressive with the delete button anyway.  Yet it allows readers to easily comment which is what they are asking for.  At some point once I get the comments tightened up I will put them back to show remove the capatcha.  And so the comment saga continues...