Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Experimental Blog Advertising

Like many bloggers I am a creature of habit when it comes to blog advertising.  That is I tend to stick with what has been proven to work.  In reality it doesn't matter what advertising you do, the bottom line is there are no guarantees.  So with that in mind I like to do a bit of experimental blog advertising just to see what will happen.  For example, I'm doing a bit of blog hopping when I notice a niche group I might want to join.  The niche group offers advertising at a cost of $5 per month.  It likely won't get me the highest return but it does get my blog noticed in that particular group so I pull $5 out of my advertising budget slush fund to try it.  At worst I'm out $5 but I may gain a bit of traffic as well as a reader or two.  It's a bit of a gamble but the stakes aren't high and the potential payout can be pretty good.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.