Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Monday, April 18, 2011

The Great Entrecard Experiment

I posted a couple of weeks back about advertising with Entrecard.  All I wanted was advertising only, no adding a widget to my blog, no time commitment dropping card, nothing other than advertising.  I signed up as a sponsor on Entrecard then paid my $10, uploaded my ad and waited for the outcome.  The $10 was enough for my ad to run from April 7 to 15, so about 8 days.  I received 165 visits at a CPC of $0.0606.  So how does this compare to the other blog advertisers?

Adgitize costs $14 for a 31 day ad  that will give about 54 visits per day for a total of 1,581 per month at a CPC cost of $0.0088.  CMF spike give 50 hits for 20¢ at a CPC of $0.004.  Some TEs will get the CPC down to about $0.0015.  In perspective then Entrecard is the highest priced blog advertising.  I can't say it was any more effective than Adgitize or CMF both of which are extremely effective.  What I can say is even as advertiser only Entrecard did result in a slight increase in bounce rate on the tested blog.  In all honesty I was happy with the way the ad worked but the bottom line is running an ad on Entrecard is a bit too expensive.  This will be a resource I keep available for running special promotions from time to time but not one I use on a regular basis.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.