Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Shields Up!

I do the majority of my online activity on an iMac so don't worry about viruse, trojans and other malware unless I'm using my husband's PC laptop.  Back when I was on a PC desktop the mantra was practice safe hex.  During our recent vacation, I had to use the laptop.  To me it seems slow and sluggish but in fairness it is an older laptop.  I was doing my Adgitize drop when AVG anti-virus was triggered for one of the member's site as having malware.  Needless to say I did not go to that blog even though I had been there several times on the Mac.  That incident was beneficial as it reminded me to run a scan on the laptop.  Lo and behold a trojan had been picked up since the last scan!  I cleared that, updated the definitions then ran a full scan again.  The laptop is now clean again.  This is a good reminder to keep the anti-virus definitions up to date and run the scans often.  When I was active in Entrecard one of the biggest complaints was picking up viruses from other members and some of them were rather nasty.  To date I had not heard of this happening much with Adgitize.  One member suspected getting a virus from another member in Adgitize but I don't recall if that was ever confirmed.  However, with AVG triggered it is apparent there is the potential for these types of problems so stay prepared just in case.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.