Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I've Changed as a Blogger

It is a given that the longer a person blogs there are going to be changes in their blogging style.  Today I was removing old private advertising links when I realized that my blogging style has really changed over the past year.  In many ways it is maturing to the point the all of my blogs have taken on a more serious note.  Out of curiosity I went back to the very early days of my blogs.  Back then I was timid in my blogging, aiming always to please the reader and when in doubt relying on something benign and cutesy.  Now, I am confident in what I want to write about and how I want to present it.  While I want the reader to enjoy what they are reading, it really is more about me.  I've realized it is ok to blog outside the box so to speak.  It's ok not to do paid posts, exchange links, run contests or even allow comments.  Blogging doesn't always have to be cutesy but at the same time it doesn't have to always be serious.  I think I have come a long way as a blogger over the last six years!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.