Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pop-Ups and Peel-Backs

I have noticed an increase in pop-ups and peel-backs on members blogs within some of the blog advertising networks.  I find these ads to be rather annoying.  At best they are an inconsiderate nuisance and at worst they cause loading issues or even cause the browser to crash.  I don't know of any blog advertising network that allows them and yet there they are.  I'd love to see both style of ads eliminated from any blog participating on a blog advertising network.  Oh sure you can report them which takes time and effort as well as being discouraging when seeing the complaint didn't solve the issue.  The worst part is the blogger can get their blog approved then place this type of ad on their blog where it will remain ticking off other members until the admin actually does something about it.  These ads are an ongoing problem not only for members but also for admin for this very reason.  I'm at the point of simply blocking these blogs.  They know the ads are not allowed and they know where to find the TOS yet ignore the TOS.  That translates into inconsideration and lack of respect for other members who visit their blogs!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.