Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Too Much Information

I do a lot of blog hopping throughout the blogosphere and oh my gosh there are seriously days that I shake my head.  Do some bloggers even realize what they are doing?  For example, some of the mommy bloggers have no problem  posting current pictures of their children, the name of the school their children attend, where they shop, and a multitude of personal information about their family.  What this really does is make their children and even themselves sitting duck for any online stalker or child predator out there.  I honestly do not believe this is their intention but the fact remains they are putting their entire family at risk.  Some things are better left off line!  Don't forget, once the information is out there, you can't get it back so don't put it out there in the first place.  When it comes to putting personal information online in any form it is best to take a paranoid approach.  I actually got that piece of advice from an online expert on CNN a couple of days ago.  I think it is extremely sage advice!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.