Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Monday, August 15, 2011

Two Blogsphere Irritations

I can fully understand that some bloggers have monetized their blogs as I have done to some degree.  However, I have not monetized my blogs to the degree some have done.  I'm not trying to make a living off of my blogs.  If I make enough money each month to pay for my internet services I'm happy and if not oh well.  A disgusting trend has risen in the blogosphere where some bloggers are so driven to make money online they are using pop-up ads and redirects to full page ads.  Both of these tactics show a lack of respect for others in the blogging community.  Both are rude and inconsiderate.  They force readers to view ads whether or not they want to.  In some cases the pop-ups and redirects lead to malicious content, computer viruses, malware and spyware.  Any blogger using pop-up ads or redirect to ads should not be allowed to participate in any blog advertising network under any circumstance!  Their blogs should be boycotted!


1 comments:

John said...

I agree 100%.

Most bloggers inflicting this anti-social junk on us can't be bothered to write decent content anyway.

Without decent content they'll never attract any regular readers, so they have to squeeze every last cent out of the few visitors they receive :-(

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.