Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Downside to Social Media

For awhile there the big blogging hype was using social media like Twitter and Facebook to promote your blog.  Well it does work but only if you are consistent.  The problem with being consistent is it eats up a lot of time that could be used for blogging and other methods of blog promotion.  I never really used Facebook for much in the way of blog promotion but I did use Twitter.  I even experimented using Twitter with ten blog specific links daily for a month just to see if it would generate traffic.  It did but with the move and basically life, I don't have time to sit on Twitter all day.  Now things are calming down, I am going to try pushing Twitter a bit more but only if I have the time to do so.  I'm thinking if I get active again it will be with a lot of restrictions rather than leaving TweetDeck open all the time. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.