Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Removal of CMF Ads Widget

About midway through the first week of October I started noticing the absence of CMF Ads widget on many of the blogs I visit daily.  I had removed the widget from five of my blogs earlier in the week.  It was sad to see the widget go but I saw no point in advertising a site that was closing down nor advertising their referral link for Project Wonderful when I have my own referral link.

Over the years of blogging I have reduced the number of widgets I use across all my blogs.  While I am sorry to see CMF Ads go, I'm not sorry to be able to reduce the number of widgets once again.  Less is more with respect to widgets.  Fewer widgets means less chances of scripting conflicts.


2 comments:

John said...

I haven't been able to remove the CMF widget yet as I still have 9 ads running. I hope the bloggers with empty widgets remove them soon. All those empty ad slots look really bad :-(

Garden Gnome said...

You're right, the empty ad slots look bad but I think some of the bloggers with empty widgets don't realize they are empty.

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.