Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Should Blog Advertising Networks Offer a Cash Payout?

I have participated in several blog advertising networks.  Some allow publisher who display the widget but never pay into the system in the form of advertising to earn a certain amount of money based on participation.  The problem with this is the publisher is consistently taking from the ad network rather than supporting it.  Don't get me wrong as I do feel the space the widget takes up should be compensated in some fashion but I really don''t feel taking money from the system is the way to go about it.  I have religiously supported both CMF Ads and Adgitize.  I've never cashed out on CMF and anything I've earned on Adgitize has gone directly back into advertising.  What bothers me is some were only participating to make money which means some of my advertising dollars went to line their pockets.  These publishers have no problem complaining if their earning potential lessens and quite frankly don't give a hoot about the blog advertising network unless they aren't making money.  In all honesty and I am being quite frank is some of these publishers are not worth having your ad run on.   So it is a waste of advertising dollars all away around!


1 comments:

Gnarly said...

hey gnome. i think that there will always be people who want to profit and folks like you who take whatever they make and put it back into their own site (in form of advertising, etc..). I suppose its just human nature i guess.

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.