Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Monday, December 12, 2011

The Blogging Year is Winding Down

The year is quickly coming to an end.  Looking back on the year is has been a fairly decent blogging year.  It has not been as productive as I would have liked but a lot of life events including an injury, my husband being quite sick, moving and three vacations lessened the time I had for blogging.  I started of with a bang, managing to get a new post each day for all six blogs. I was able to keep up that pace for a few months but after that I have just been trying to keep regular not necessarily daily posts.

I have a lot of plans for the upcoming year with respect to blogging.  Now that the house is settled and we are moved, I plan to set up a blogging routine.  It was impossible to set up a routine with the house on the market due to the showings.  Since moving I've been trying to blog during the mornings, freeing up my afternoons and evenings for other activities.  What I am planning on doing is scheduling a one hour period in the morning for blogging only.  During that time I plan to focus only on blogging, as in the actual writing only.  Most blog posts can be written in 15 minutes but the shorter posts like Kitchen Quick Tips and Wordless Wednesday only take about 5 minutes.  In the period of one hour I could get a lot of the short posts scheduled to go live at a later date, taking a bit of the pressure off while reducing my online time.  I also plan on scheduling a half hour period each morning to work on building traffic.  On a good day, focusing on Adgitize I can finish up in about 10 minutes which will leave me 20 minutes to utilize other traffic building methods.  I'm looking forward to the new year!  If all goes according to plan 2012 will be an excellent blogging year :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.