Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Downward Trend on Adgitize

I have noticed a bit of a downward trend on Adgitize.  The total points in the system is an indicator as to how many advertisers there are.  The points usually range in the high 90,000 into the 100,000.  The start of the December the total points were 93,951 and two days later dropped to 85,535.  Yesterday morning they were down to 79,767.  This downward trend surprises me especially after CMFAds closed down.  I certainly hope this is temporary, due to the busy holiday season and perhaps a bit tighter funds for blog advertising.

I do the opposite during the holiday season by increasing my advertising, running two ads for my cooking blog and two other ads for a total of four ads.  During the week between Christmas and New Years a lot of folk have a bit more downtime to spend online so increasing advertising for that period makes sense.  It's also a time of year I have a bit less time for active traffic building so keeping my ads out there for the exposure makes a lot of sense.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.