Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Setting Up a Laptop

My husband bought a new laptop on our last visit to our vacation home so I get his old laptop to use mainly at the vacation home.  It is an older Toshiba that is a bit sluggish but still suitable for blogging and doing any online activity I need to do when there.  That will eliminate having to cart a laptop when we fly.

He removed anything he did not need on the old laptop then I set about cleaning it up a bit removing programs no longer needed.  I updated AVG then ran a full computer scan, ran a few updates and installed Google Chrome.  I really like using Camino at home on my Mac but also use Safari so was using Safari on the old laptop but Chrome is quickly becoming my browser of choice.  I bought a copy of Photoshop Elements 9 and installed it for editing my photos.  It is not as advanced as the Photoshop CS I'm used to working with but will be fine for what I need for blogging.  So far so good.  The old laptop is running smooth all be it a little slower than the new one but that's to be expected.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.