Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sit On Your Hands

A few nights ago we went out with another couple.  During the conversation the main complaint with Facebook was rather inappropriate comments being made.  I made the comment that you should sit on your hands.   If there has ever been anything I have learned over my internet experience it is sit on your hands.  What this really means is think before you post and quite frankly if you can't make a post that won't get you in to trouble in some fashion the sit on the hands.  Don't reply, don't comment and definitely don't write a post.  This is very important when it comes to Twitter or Facebook where posts can easily be made in the heat of the moment without really thinking it through.

I honestly can't count the number of times I have been so ticked off, wrote a blog post then saved it in draft mode rather than allowing it to go live.  Nine times out of ten the post never goes live.  The thing is writing the problem out is a good way to get rid of all the negativity but clicking the button to make the post go live is a good way to get a lot more negativity so sit on the hands.  Write the post then let it sit in draft mode for awhile.  Ponder on it then only post if you are really sure that is what you want to say in public.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.