Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Blogs Mimic Real Life or Visa Versa

Back in 2006 when I started blogging I chose gardening as my first blog and a few days later my cooking blog.  We were living on waterfront property that very much lended itself towards the whimsy.  I could do things with that house that would so have been out of place anywhere else.  My kitchen was painted in a Behr colour called "Samanta's Love".  It was a beautiful, purply pink with a touch of iridescence that very few kitchens could ever pull off and yet it worked wonderfully for that kitchen.  When I created my kitchen blog I went with the pink tones and while the blog has undergone a lot of changes the basic pink remains. 

Fast forward to our new home purchased in September of 2011.  I didn't go back to the pink but rather the kitchen is in the process of being painted a deep burgundy, colour matched to my plates.  The room handles the bold colour well with the taupes, blacks and marble floor.  What struck me interesting is the colour is very close to my original blog header that was modified several times to become what it is today.   It's not that I'm a pink kind of gal either so somewhere that repressed pink is coming out in my one blog and it is spilling over into my homelife or visa versa. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.