Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Oh Good Gawd!

The recent closing of two major players in the blog advertising networks (CMFAds, October 2011; Adgitize. December 2001) has created a bit of a backlash in comment spam.  I guess everyone is trying to make up the traffic they lost via comments but I'm telling you comment spam is not the way to go about it.  I take a very hardline against comment spam!  First, all comments across my six blogs are moderated meaning they will not go live unless I approve them.  Second, if you make a comment and it does not get posted that is one heck of a clear indication to you that it was comment spam.  That is also a good indication that if I were in a pissy mood your would have been reported for comment spam.  Third, if you make a comment and it appears on my blog(s) sans links that means I considered your comment borderline comment spam but gave you the benefit of a doubt so left the comment without links.  Finally if your comment appears on my blog(s) with no modification that means you are commenting appropriately and I welcome communication with you.  Which category would you like to be in?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.