Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Turning a New Blogging Leaf

Back in early 2006 when I first started blogging, I was not concerned about anything other than the enjoyment at finding another creative outlet.  It was so exciting because I was able to use digital format.  Fast forward to 2012, and looking where I am at blogging, I'm am saying to heck with the numbers, the rules and regulations.  See I played the game of using blog advertising networks and adhering to their rules even posting daily when some days I really didn't feel like it yet here I am still going strong with traffic building daily while they have folded up shop.  I've listened to the SEO, made sure my blogs were regularly updated with new content and still seen the wrath of PR penalties and Alexa rankings plummeting even though traffic continues to increase.  I refuse to pay Alexa $9.99 per month to monitor my traffic and quite frankly it doesn't matter what I do with respect to PR because Google keeps changing the rules.  So I have made up my mind that I'm turning a new blogging leaf for 2012

I am going back to blogging for the fun of it.  I don't really care what these powers that be think, I'm doing things my way from now on.  It's my time and my creative outlet, not theirs so :P on them! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.