Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The High Pressure Sales Pitch Turn-off

I am a foodie which translates into me blogging about different food products I like.  I do not get compensated in any way for doing this but rather am sharing with my readers.  So when I bought my Keurig coffee maker last year I shared about one source for inexpensive K-cups.  A representative emailed me and that's when all he-double hockey sticks broke out!  Apparently they liked my review AND because I had mentioned their company where you can buy K-cups as low as 35¢ each in comparison to the normal sale price of 70¢ AND because I already gave them a free plug after I ordered from them, I was fair game for a high pressure sales pitch.  Now they did not compensate me in any way nor did they give a backlink to my blog and yet for a good week I got daily emails from them telling me how I should pimp their product.  As it dragged on into the second week of their suggestions, my sense of humour went out the door.  I marked their emails as spam then swore I would not buy from them again.  So ultimately their high pressure tactics for me to continuously blog about them had the exact opposite effect.  They did lose a customer over it as well...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.