Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Google De-Indexing Paid Blog Network

Google de-indexed the popular Build My Link blogging network last week.  Well, it couldn't have been that popular as I had never heard of it which is a bit surprising given I usually stay in touch with what is happening in the blogosphere.  Essentially, this network was a paid link network for bloggers, something that Google really doesn't like.  This explains why I never used it so maybe at some point I checked it out, realized it was a big no no and moved on.  I just can't remember.

Google is taking a strong approach to these types of blog networks meaning more of them are going by the wayside.  Just last year we saw the ever slowing death of BlogExplosion continue as well as the demise of CMFAds and Adgitize.  Guaranteed Entrecard is going to be on Google's hit list.  The bottom line is when dealing with Google, you cannot pay for backlinks!  That is a cardinal rule.  You can pay for advertising but not backlinks.  Any blog network charging for backlinks is going feel the wrath of Google and it will affect any blogger using that network.  Be warned...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.