Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Friday, March 2, 2012

Regular Posting

One of the first rules of catching the attention of search engines is having regular new content aka regular blog posts.  What hasn't been defined is the meaning of the word regular.  Does regular mean more than one daily post, a daily post, a weekly post, a monthly post or what?  Well, I can't answer the question but I do know that the more quality posts on a blog the better.  A blog with a daily post may get a bit more search engine attention but only if it is a quality post aka a post that adds content for the search engines.  That means that some memes like Wordless Wednesday really don't count all that much as far as content goes.  Although if using a picture you took for Wordless Wednesday and you combine it with effectively using the alt="" tag for the image it may count as new content.  I aim for daily posts if possible and when life gets in the way, as long as I get a post out every three to seven days I'm happy.  It's the best I can do...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.