Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Missing Blog Hopping

Within a couple of weeks of starting blogging, I joined BlogExplosion where I did a fair amount of blog hopping.  Entrecard, Adgitize and CMFAds quickly joined my list of blog advertising networks and while Entrecard went by the wayside I continued with the other three and eventually added Expose Your Blog.  All but the latter are gone now, so I do very little blog hopping these days.  I went from visiting a hundred or more blogs a day to now visiting at best ten blogs a day.  I visit a few of my favourites and occasionally click on blog links of members in some of the forums and groups I read.  While not blog hopping has freed up a lot of online time it has increased that feeling of blogging alone.  There is definitely less of a blogging support system now with fewer places to ask blogging questions as well as getting blogging advice. 

I'm lucky in that I had the opportunity to experience the blog hopping through these blog advertising networks.  After six years of blogging, I know where to find the help I need.  I do feel sorry for new bloggers though.  There really is not a lot of support available.  Even Blogger support and forums are less than helpful.  It takes ages to get a response if you get one at all! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.