Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Saturday, May 5, 2012

My System Has Been Kaputz!

For the past six years I have had an informal system.  I check my stats in the morning and record them along with the day before's ending stats.  Then below that across the line, I have my six blogs listed to form columns where I mark down what posts I need.   I use my own short forms but I know what they mean.  For example, under my cooking blog I would have: need FK101 2 9 12 23; need 3 4 6 7.  Each number refers to a date in that month.  Under the needs I wrote any short form post (eg. sc. eggs) with the last three digits of the image that needed editing.  As I wrote the post, I would cross out the date so I basically always knew which blog needed what.  I did this on a daily basis in a spiral bound notebook.  Each page contained two sets of the data so I only had to write the needs on the top set of data.  It was a simple little system that took about 5 minutes each day to keep me on track with my blogging.  My system has been kaputz for the past couple of months with only sporadic entries.  The reason being...life. 

To be honest, checking my stats daily was more important when I was paying for blog advertising and participating in the blog networks.  Now that those are gone, I check my stats a couple of times a week or if I get comment spam that indicates there may be a problem.  In an effort to get my blogs back on track, I'm going back to my little system even if I don't have time to blog that day.  I don't expect miracles overnight but at least it is a start at getting back into blogging mode before the summer distractions take away more of my blogging time.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.