Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

That Darn Close Button!

Blogger is phasing out it's old editor so I switched to the new editor a couple of months ago.  For the most part I like the cleaner look and performance of the new editor.  I don't like where the post title is.  It took a bit of getting used to so for awhile I kept forgetting to put a title on the post meaning I had to go back and add one.  The nice thing is if you make a correction after the post has been published (live or scheduled) all you have to do is hit the update button for the correction to take effect. 

When writing a blog post, there are four buttons to the right of the title field.  They are: publish, save, preview and close.  I hate that close button!  I can't tell you how many times I have accidentally hit it when I intended to hit one of the editor buttons below it.   Blogger does automatically save posts on a regular basis and it does seem to be more frequently than the old editor but hitting close can cause you to lose what hasn't been saved since the last save.  Usually it is only a sentence or two but it is still annoying. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.