Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Wordpress Theme Creator Problem

Wordpress is a very popular blogging platform that gives more control over your blog.  It is easy to block certain IPs from accessing your blog which is rather helpful if spam comments is a problem.  Google's penguin update is punishing Wordpress Theme creators because of spam blogs link to Wordpress Theme Creator.  Some of these spam blogs were spogs while others were pirated sites using negative SEO techniques.  In turn this has ruined it for the bloggers that used good SEO methods.  I don't use Wordpress as a blogging platform but I do use it as an online back-up system in addition to downloading my xml back-up to my computers. It's a shame that a lot of good bloggers will be affected by a few bad eggs!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.