Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Don't Forget to Change Passwords Occasionally

The other day I had a couple of Blogger windows open.  When I switched back to one of them there was a message that I had been logged out from another location.  I didn't think anything of it as I use several Google products so I could have logged out of one of them not realizing it would log me out of Blogger.  At the same time Blogger was showing a warning messaging saying I was using an unsupported browser so parts of Blogger might not work properly.  I thought it could be due to my browser.  However, it happened again yesterday and I was sure the only Google product I was using at that time was Blogger.   Still I didn't change my password until this morning when I just had a nagging feeling.  I did notice when I opened Blogger the warning message was gone on all pages except the dashboard but I still don't think my account was compromised.  Chances are good that no one had hacked into my account as my password was fairly strong but why take the chance especially after passwords were recently stolen when someone hacked into part of Yahoo's services.  If at anytime you get that little nagging "what if" feeling it is a good time to change your password simple for ease of mind.  It's a good idea to change your passwords on a regular basis just to prevent unauthorized access to any of your accounts.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.