Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Saturday, September 8, 2012

My Blogging Start

Prior to blogging, I was active on a few Usenet newsgroups. I'm telling you these newsgroups are filled with spiteful, nasty folks who really delight in trollish behaviour. They absolutely love picking fights in the newsgroup so you either have to develop thick skin or move on. Tiring of the nastiness, I turned to Yahoo groups in early 2006, never looking back on the newsgroups. Yahoo groups have group owners and moderators so there is considerably less nastiness. The owner or moderators can remove a problem member and even ban them. I quickly found a couple of Yahoo groups I liked and even started a few of my own. Shortly after joining Yahoo I discovered their now defunct Yahoo 360. This was my introduction into blogging. Yahoo 360 was a nice blogging platform but I quickly realized I wanted something with a bit more versatility. I discovered Blogger and have remained with Blogger since. I started my gardening blog first, followed by my cooking blog a few days later and now in 2012 author six blogs.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.