Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Problem With Linking to an Image on Another Site

As I was going through my personal blog, I noticed a couple of posts with image problems. The images weren't displaying and yet I had used the code for these images directly from their sites. Both were in support of annual causes like Blog Action Day. I had cut and pasted the code they said to for the image but at some point they removed that image resulting in a broken image on my end. I did a Google search for the images which dated back to 2007 and downloaded the images. Then I uploaded to Blogger and replaced the broken images. This is a good reminder to check any image you are linked to on another site. Chances are an older image may have been removed or the site itself may no longer exist. Avoid this problem by downloading the image, saving it then uploading it to your blog hosting site. That way even if the site it originally was from goes down, your copy of the image still works.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.