Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Monday, September 17, 2012

Where's My Traffic?

Here it is mid-September. For many, Labour Day weekend signifies the end of summer. The kids are back to school, home canning is in high gear and thoughts are turning towards the quickly approach cold weather. It's been almost a year since CMFAds announced they were closing and 8 months since Adgitize closed. Both affected my blog traffic but what became fairly obvious is that I didn't retain traffic from either source despite being very active in both. My blog traffic has been fairly good even though it has been a bad blogging year. My posting has decreased and that is reflected in my blog traffic. Yet, blogging life and traffic continue without the blog advertising networks. Traffic continues to increase over all of my blogs mainly because of content that has been indexed in the search engines. I've also picked up a bit of traffic on one of my blogs by creating a Facebook page for it. Overall, the best way to draw traffic that I've found is to keep the new content coming. Each and every time I have reduced posting, traffic declines a bit. So I'm back to working towards daily posts if at all possible.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.