Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Friday, November 16, 2012

Why Sure I Will Give a Link to Your Site - Snort!

Some mornings, I simply get a good chuckle out of email requests for my blogs.  Take this morning, for example.  I'm sitting in front of the computer with a lovely cup of coffee and decided to check my email.  There is an email from down under asking me to write a blog post on one of my blogs with a link to their site.  There was no offer of any kind of compensation, not even a linkback!  I was so tempted to reply with a 'sure I will give a link to your site' for one year at $100 or 'a permanent link to my blog' or 'how about a nice package of the product they were trying to promote'.  Heck, they could even have offered to send me a free cookbook or at the very least to write their own article.  BUT no!  They just wanted me to write a blog post using my time and give them a link to their website.  That is akin to walking into a competitor's business asking them to print off a flyer to advertise your business.  You just have to wonder how dumb they think bloggers are?  Snort!  Needless to say, that email went right where it belonged.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.