Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Loading...

Monday, December 31, 2012

A Look Back at Blogging in 2012

Oh wow!  If someone had told me when I started blogging back in 2006 that I would still be at it in 2012, I would have told them they were nuts.  Blogging for me really started as a means of self expression.  The fact that it evolved into make a little money in many ways still doesn't mean a lot to me.  It is and continues to be about self expression and sharing my experiences with others.

For me, 2012 was a bad blogging year.  Early in 2012 the last of best of the blog advertising networks folded.  I was so used to writing an article for each blog (I have six blogs) on a daily basis that even that news was unsettling.  Then I had a nasty slip and fall, was still trying to adjust to our new home, spending time at our vacation home (15 weeks total), volunteering and really just life in general plus my husband was hospitalized the end of August with an unknown gastrointestinal disorder for five days.  The exclusive advertising network my one blog had been with for four years not really folded but changed hands meaning I can now put other advertising on that blog.  I guess that's a good thing and I can always add Adsense back onto it but that's something for the new year.  I was a very active participant on a couple of Yahoo groups that ended up bringing me a bit of blog traffic.  Back in October while at our vacation home after a group upset (I wasn't actively involved but man can they ever get nasty), I went into lurk mode on the groups.  I'm not sure whether not being active on the groups has cost me blog traffic and I don't really care as it has given me a bit more peace of mind.   Like, the whole year was in many ways a blogging nightmare.

I was disoriented, dealing with way too much and when I did have time to write, I really didn't feel like it.  I started several blog posts for my personal blog as drafts but when I went to re-read them the anger and frustration was clearly showing through so I never did post them.  I had not enough blog fodder for one of my blogs, way too much blog fodder for another and then there's the blog that likely doesn't even know what blog fodder is.  Any resemblance of a blogging routine went out the window and the more I didn't blot the easier it got to not blog, if that make sense.

They say that in a marriage, there is the seven year itch.  If you make it past the seven years without being unfaithful, the chances are considerably better the marriage will last.  My husband are past the 35 year mark which really has nothing to do with blogging other than this year he was a huge distraction but in a good way.  I think blogging is almost like a marriage or maybe more like a kid or having a pet or, I'm not really sure.  Blogging is part of me.  I want my feelings, my ideas and my creativity out there.  It is my form of self expression.  Believe me blogging is a lot easier than trying to dance with two left feet or sing with a tone deaf ear.

As 2012 draws to a close, I know I'm not happy with how my blogging was but I think I have learned something.  May 2013 bring a better blogging year :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.