Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Loading...

Friday, January 25, 2013

Facebook

Honestly, I had a Facebook account for a couple of years before I actually started using it.  The only reason I started using it was to keep up to date with our kids.  When travelling, Facebook is just so easy if you have free Wi-Fi, even easier than email and a lot less expensive than using cell phones.  We get to the airport and leave a message for the kids on Facebook then another when we arrive at out destination.  The nice thing about Facebook is you can send private messages as well.  So after we got used to using Facebook, I discovered Pages.

Anyone with a Facebook account can create a Facebook page.  It is connected to your main account but goes under the name of the page, not your account name.  So I created a page for my one blog.  Then I put the Facebook 'like' button on my blog.  I have to tell you, I am impressed!  Readers are not only 'liking' my blog meaning an increase in readership, they are also connecting with me through the Facebook page.  Some readers actually like connecting through Facebook rather than leave comments on my blog.  Facebook is actually increasing my traffic, something I did not think would happen but it is.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.