Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Loading...

Monday, January 21, 2013

Organized Blogging

Within a few days of starting my first blog in 2006, I had the second blog up and running.  Posts were fairly regular but not daily because I was more concerned with design and learning the ropes.  As I started more blogs, I quickly realized I needed some type of system to help keep my blogging organized but it really wasn't until after joining a blog advertising network that encouraged daily posts.  My system was rather simple.

I had a notebook where I wrote the date, title of blogs across the page and under each title, the stats and 'need'.  So, if this blog tbr had need 1, 2, 3, 4 it meant I needed a post for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th.  If I was working ahead on scheduled posts for times I knew we'd be away, I just added a second need and dates as necessary.  If I had an idea for a post, I'd jot it down.  As I finished a post, I just put a line through that number and kept going, adding and crossing out as needed.  The system worked rather well to keep me focused.  There were days where I could easily write eight or more blog posts and other days I could omit writing to do a bit of behind the scenes work.

Over the past nine months or so, my system went by the wayside.  In general, 2012 was a bad blogging year for me.  It was hard to get motivated to blog despite the fact that I had too much blog fodder.  Blog advertising networks I had been with for a few years folded up and suddenly I was back in my little blogging bubble not interacting with other bloggers.  It didn't help that we were still trying to adjust to our new home, doing a lot of renovations which cut into my blogging time, and spending more time at our vacation home.  In addition to that, life decided to throw a couple of curve balls with my husband being hospitalized with an unknown gastrointestinal disorder and me having an injury accident.

It's time to get back on track so I started back on a modified version of my system.  There is no real need for me to track my stats so I'm just going to do the 'need' portion.  This will give me a quick visual of where I am at and which blog needs attention.  Hopefully, 2013 will end up being a better blogging year than 2012 by going back to my old system of organizing my blogging.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.