Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pinterest Revisited

I joined Pinterest in the summer of 2012.  It was a new social thing that looked interesting and what I really liked was Pinterest spans all age groups.  All it really is, is a way to bookmark where others can see what you like.  They can like the bookmark, repin it or comment on it.  So it is another level of social networking.

When Pinterest first came out the complaint was the backlinks were set to rel=no follow and to my understanding they still are.  However, if someone clicks on one of your pins, it does bring them directly to your blog meaning a good Pinterest following can gain you a fair amount of traffic.  I am actually getting some rather good traffic from Pinterest.  So while the original pin on Pinterest is rel=no follow you still get good traffic if you have interesting content.

This really is a good thing to get into bloggers.  Seriously!   It will bring traffic if you have the type of content others are interested in for re-pinning.  It is better than Digg or Stumpleupon and it does have a huge following so get in on it if you can.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.