Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Loading...

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Does SEO Really Matter to Bloggers

SEO (search engine optimization) is something Google has been fighting for years.  The premise is if you use good SEO techniques, you will rank higher in their search engine results which ultimately brings you more traffic.  Notice how the numerous other search engines say nothing and yet I get rather good traffic from Yahoo and Bing.  They are giving no hint as to how their algorithms work.

As a blogger, I have pretty much given up on stressing out over SEO.  As long as I'm getting traffic from any search engine, I'm happy.  If I were selling a product ... well actually I am selling my ideas through blogging ... I would be more concerned.  I'm not trying to make a living off of blogging.  I blog because I can and because I enjoy it.  In the end SEO really doesn't matter all that much to me as long as my blogs are read by someone, somewhere.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.